We’ve rounded up a small selection of our favourite things to do in the area.
Wildlife & Nature
- The Kruger National Park Africa’s largest game reserve is close enough for day trips.
- Take a scenic self-drive along the Panorama Route and explore the scenic road connecting cultural and natural points of interest.
- Visit the Jane Goodall institute, SA’s only chimp sanctuary, home to displaced chimps. An experience that will bring you closer to humanity through education and eco-tourism at Chimpanzee Eden
- Visit the ancient Sudwala Caves and don’t forget to check out the dinosaur park.
- Have an up-close and personal encounter with elephants at the Elephant Sanctuary.
- Hiking and mountain biking – Explore the outdoors, take on the mountains, ride and hike through forests.
- Longtom Toboggan – Excite your soul with Africa’s longest toboggan run.
- Kaapsehoop Scoot Tours – is a unique exhilarating family friendly activity to experience in nature and its surroundings.
- Graskop Gorge Lift – where outdoor activities including the glass lift, forest, big swing, zipline, restaurants and shops will keep you well entertained.
Art & Museums
- The ceramic art of Anton & Hanlie Bosch at Bosch Ceramic Art Studio
Music & Film
- Catch the latest movies at Riverside Mall’s Emnotweni Cinema
- The Casterbridge Cinema screens a small selection of art house films
- Fresh talent and musical performances at the Casterbridge Music Development Academy
- Picasso’s Mexican Taqueria – located at the Bagdad Centre. Recommended for Breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- Yoons Eatery – located at the new Crossings White River shopping centre. Recommended for Breakfast and lunch.
- Magnolia Restaurant & Café – located at Casterbridge Centre. Recommended for Breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- 64 at Coolmore -located on the outskirts of White River -Dinner (Pre bookings required)
- Kitchen Co. – located at the Bagdad Centre. Recommended for lunch and dinner.
- Ocean Basket – located in White River main road. Recommended for lunch and dinner.
- Mug ‘n Bean – located at the Crossings White River shopping centre. Recommended for Breakfast and lunch.
- Waffel & Co. – located at the Casterbridge Lifestyle Centre.
- Pizza Perfect White River– located at the new Crossings White River shopping centre. Recommended for lunch and dinner.
- Steers/Fishways/Debonairs Pizza – all located in White River main road. Recommended for lunch and dinner.
- White River Crossing is a neighbourhood lifestyle shopping centre conveniently situated in White River. It provides a retail offering and restaurants, appealing to both the local shopper as well as the travelling tourist.
- Locally, Casterbridge Lifestyle Centre is our favourite place to shop for gifts
- Riverside Mall is home to a wide variety of department and speciality stores
- I’langa Mall also offers an array of retail stores and restaurants
For further information visit Kruger Lowveld at https://www.krugerlowveld.com/